Explore job opportunities at J.Fletcher Creamer & Son. Not seeing a job
opportunity currently available, email your resume to
Safety Superintendent - Substations
The Safety Superintendent will serve a vital role to help maintain the Safety culture within our organization. The primary role is to serve as a resource to help employee’s set their work up safely and to identify and recognize unsafe behaviors and conditions & implement corrective actions and solutions to prevent re-occurrence. This role will also coach positive behaviors amongst employees to ensure compliance with OSHA, company, and customer safety requirements.
- OSHA 510 (required)
- OSHA 500 (preferred)
- CDL License is a plus
- Familiar with DOT standards
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operations is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and related program software
- Ability to create PowerPoint
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and active listening skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information with high level of confidentiality
- Visit multiple job sites daily to conduct safety compliance observations
- Serve as a resource to coach & educate employees to reinforce good behaviors
- Assist in developing & conducting Job Hazard Analysis
- Assist with and/or perform safety related training
- Develop & administer project specific health & safety programs (HASP)
- Conduct daily & weekly safety meetings with crews
- Make recommendations/corrective actions to ensure compliance with OSHA, company and customer safety policies
- Communicate hazards with employees, customers, project management and Director of Risk Management
- Assist with root cause investigations
- Champion for Behavior Based Safety program
- Participate in Safety Committee
- Perform field safety compliance audits while visiting job sites, when needed
- Other projects as directed by the Director of Risk Management, or field management
Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Stock Options, Training, 401(k).
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.